Kitty Catnip Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1/4 cup soy flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ milk (powdered milk)
- 1 tablespoon kelp
- 1/2 teaspoon bonemeal
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried catnip leaves
- 1 tablespoon unsulfured molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil, butter or fat
- 1/3 cup CATMILK or water
1. Mix the dry ingredients together. Add the molasses, egg, oil, butter or fat and milk or water. Roll out flat on an oiled cookie sheet and cut into narrow strips or ribbons. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until lightly toasted.
2. Break into pea-size pieces, suitable for cats. Good for treats, exercising gums and cleaning teeth, but too low in protein to use for regular fare.